|How to Contact Us:|
Meier and Sons Rare Books
24 East Ave, #1297
New Canaan, CT 06840
Billing and Payment
How can I pay for my purchases?
We accept PayPal and major credit cards processed through your PayPal account. We also accept wire transfers, money orders, bank checks and personal checks, and ship when your payment clears with our bank. We will offer a nominal discount for payment by wire transfer or check, and for our higher priced items we offer payment plans. All books are considered the property of Meier and Sons until payment has been cleared.
Please note, in addition to shipping within the United States, we currently ship internationally to Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada and Germany. For other international orders outside of those listed, please first inquire about your purchase by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the credit card information I submit secure?
To provide a safe and secure shopping experience, we use PayPal to process online payments. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the website or to and from PayPal, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to protect its security on our systems.
Please remember to sign off your account and close all browser windows when you have finished visiting our website. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing your computer or the computer you are using is in a public space (e.g., library, office, Internet café, etc.).
Since ordinary email is not secure, we cannot accept orders sent via email. For your security, please do not use your credit card information in any email you send to us.
Can I change or cancel an order once it is placed?
Because we generally ship our items within 2 business days from receipt of order, we are unable to process changes to or cancellations of orders. If you wish to return an item, please refer to our Returns Policy.
How will my order be packaged and shipped?
All items are carefully packed to prevent damage in transit. We ship with recycled materials whenever possible.
What shipping options do you offer?
Domestic shipping within the United States: We use United States Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail. All books are shipped with full insurance which is calculated at the USPS rate of $1.00 insurance fee per $100 of value. For books over $1900, Express Mail becomes the least expensive shipping option due to the high cost of insurance of Priority Mail.
International shipping outside the United States: We use USPS flat rate Priority Mail, for books over $2500 we use Express Mail flat rate, and books priced over $3500 we use UPS. All books are shipped with full insurance, which is calculated at the rate of $1.00 insurance fee per $100 of value. Insurance for international shipments is purchased through a private insurance carrier.
We are able to ship only to confirmed addresses on PayPal accounts, and billing addresses on credit card accounts.
What is your returns policy?
If you are not completely satisfied with a purchase from us, you may return the item subject to the following:
- You must notify us within 7 days of receipt of the item and obtain a return authorization by sending us an email with the following information: your name, address, phone number, order number, item name/description, and the reason for return.
- Return the item re-packaged in its original packaging, or if not available, equivalent packaging, together with the original purchase receipt and return authorization. We cannot accept any returns without proper return authorization, and we cannot be responsible if the package and/or its contents are damaged during shipment back to us.
- The return must be postmarked no later than 7 days from our return authorization. We recommend that you use a shipper that electronically tracks and confirms shipment. Please insure the item for its full value. We cannot be responsible if the package and/or its contents are lost during shipment back to us.
- Please send the return to: Meier And Sons Rare Books, 24 East Avenue, #1297, New Canaan, CT 06840.
- We will process your request for a refund as soon as we have received and processed the returned item. Please be aware that processing your request may take up to 7 days. The credit may not show on your credit card statement until the next billing cycle following processing of your refund request.
- We cannot refund your original shipping cost when we sent the item to you, nor are we able to reimburse your cost of shipping an item back to us, unless the item was incorrectly described by us.
Trademarks and Copyrights
Website is © Copyright 2011 by Meier And Sons Rare Books. All rights reserved. All brand names and logos are trademarks of their respective owners. All product designs are copyright by their respective owners.